January 12, 2022
Types of Information We Collect
- Contact details, such as your full name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational, nationality and professional background information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content submitted to staff; and interests and communication preferences including marketing permissions where appropriate.
Restricted Use Regarding Minors
This Site is not intended or designed to be used by children under the age of 13. We do not collect PII from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and instruct children under 13 not to send us any information.
Purposes for Collecting Your PI
You may provide your PII to Shamrock in order to fulfill a Service. You are then entering a business relationship with Shamrock and are agreeing to the use of that data by Shamrock and its applicable worldwide affiliated companies, as stated in this Privacy Notice. We request PII for a variety of purposes throughout your interaction with Shamrock, some of which are listed below:
- Contacting you or your designated representative by phone, email, fax, or mail;
- Providing you or your representative with marketing communications;
- Creating and managing your account with us;
- Sharing information about our Services including investment research;
- Facilitating financial transactions related to your account;
- Fulfilling our legal and regulatory obligations;
- The performance of obligations under any applicable agreements;
- The administrative processes (and related communication) carried out between Shamrock in preparing its services;
- Ongoing communication with you and/or your designated contacts;
- The ongoing administrative, reporting and other processes and communication required to operate the business in accordance with the agreements and other applicable documentation between the parties;
- Any legal or regulatory requirement; or
- Any other purpose that has been notified, or has been agreed, in writing.
We also use analytics providers, such as Google Analytics to help us evaluate the Sites. To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Sites by Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/gapout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Sharing Your PII
Your PII may be combined with information we receive from other sources, or it may be provided to other organizations we work with. This section details that sharing of your PI.
1. Receiving PII from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources and combine that information with the PII we collect directly from you. For example, we may receive payment information from the organization you use to pay us in order to correct our records. Additionally, to promote protection of your identity, we also may collect credit or identity information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
2. Sharing PII with Third Parties
We will not sell your PI. If we share your PII with third parties performing services for us, or acting on our behalf, we will not allow them to use your information for other purposes, and we will contractually require them to protect your information.
We may share your PII with our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties. We may do so for the purposes of operating our business, delivering and improving the Services we provide to you, as well as for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law such as sending marketing and other communications related to our business.
We may share your PII with third parties for a variety of additional purposes including, but not limited to:
- Within Shamrock and our affiliates and subsidiaries for data processing or storage purposes;
- With business partners and suppliers to provide Services and help facilitate transactions (including processing orders, event registrations, data storage, marketing communications and customer support); or
- In response to a request from law enforcement, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or to meet national security requirements.
Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures that comply with applicable legal and regulatory standards to safeguard your PII. Access to such information is restricted to those employees who are trained in the proper handling of client information and have a legitimate business need to access that information. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the PII you submit to us, whether that information is in transit or at rest. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Transfers of PII
Your PII may be transferred, processed and/or stored in a country other than the one in which your PII is collected. When transferring your PII to the US or other countries, we have implemented procedures to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the PII regardless of where it is being transferred to.
In addition to disclosing PII amongst themselves, Shamrock may disclose PII, where permitted by law, to other service providers, prospective or current investors in applicable funds, employees, agents, contractors, consultants, professional advisers, lenders, data processors and persons employed and/or retained by them in order to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In addition, Shamrock may share PII with regulatory bodies having competent jurisdiction over them, as well as with tax authorities, auditors and tax advisors (where necessary or required by law, rule or regulation).
Shamrock may transfer PII to a non-equivalent country (a country or territory other than (i) a member state of the EEA; or (ii) a country or territory which has at the relevant time been decided by the European Commission in accordance with EU law to ensure an adequate level of protection for PII), in order to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable law, rule or regulation, including where such transfer is a matter of contractual necessity to enter into, perform and administer agreements, and to implement requested pre-contractual measures.
Your EU Data Subject Rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a sweeping piece of legislation that grants EU residents increased control over their personal information. The GDPR allows consumers to access their personal information and find out details of how that data is processed, to rectify inaccurate personal information, to have their data erased (when certain conditions are met), to restrict processing of their data, and more. It requires affected companies to create processes to comply with and facilitate consumer data requests, to update their privacy policies, and to ensure that personal information is secured.
Specifically, the GDPR and other national privacy laws provide data subjects with certain rights regarding their PII. If you are an individual who resides in the EU and whose PII is collected and processed by Shamrock, you have the right to:
- Request access to your data
- Rectify your data
- Take your data (in a readable, “portable” format) to another service provider
- Erase your PII
- Restrict or object to the processing of your PII
- Lodge a complaint with a Member State Supervisory Authority
- Withdraw previously given consent to collect and process PII (which will not impact PII processed before the withdrawal)
PII Rights for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make certain additional disclosures and provides California residents with the ability to request additional information about their PII. If you are a California resident and it is determined that the CCPA applies to you, this section details those rights, how you may exercise them, and what Shamrock will do in response.
Please note that the rights under the CCPA do not apply to PII collected, processed, sold or disclosed pursuant to Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Public Law 106-102) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (12 CFR 1022).
If you are an individual who resides in California and whose PII is collected and processed by Shamrock, you may have the right to:
- Request that we disclose, free of charge, the categories and specifics of the PII we collect about California residents, the sources from which the PII was collected (and/or, if applicable, sell or otherwise disclose to a third party), and the business purpose for collecting PII.
- Choose to opt-out of the sale of PII. Currently, however, Shamrock does not sell PII.
- Request that we delete the PII we have collected. Following our verification of the request, we will comply with the request and delete any or all the PII in our possession that we collected from the California resident and/or any or all such PII in the possession of our service providers, unless otherwise restricted by law or regulation.
Non-Discrimination for Excersing Your PII Rights
Questions or Concerns and Exercising Your Rights
Verifying Your Identity
If you choose to contact us with a request, you will need to provide us with identifying information that matches the PII we currently have about you. For example, we may require identifying documents that will be used to verify the identity of the requestor.
You have the right to appoint an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you would like to do so, please call our toll free number (888) 973-1007, email email@example.com, or contact: Shamrock Capital Advisors, LLC, 1100 Glendon Ave #1600, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
For consumers with disabilities who need to access this policy in an alternative format, please call our toll free number (888) 973-1007, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact: Shamrock Capital Advisors, LLC, 1100 Glendon Ave #1600, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
From time to time we may update this privacy notice. If revisions are made to the privacy notice, we will update the statement with a new revision date. This privacy notice was last revised and posted on January 12, 2022.
Definition of “Cookies”
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, including web beacons and pixel tags, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Types of Cookies
Browsing or session (essential) cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfill your requests.
Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make it easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services. Additionally, it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect the information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites, applications, and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customize our websites. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications, and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
Advertising (profiling) cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites, applications, and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
In detail, the cookies present on the https://shamrockcap.com/ website are as follows: COOKIE NAME PROVIDER TYPE DURATION power_stats_tracking_code shamrockcap.com HTTP 1 Day
Cookies Placed by Third Parties
You may also encounter cookies on our websites, applications, and services that are placed by third parties. We may also allow third parties to place cookies on our websites to track information about your online activities and/or across third-party sites or online services, including to send you targeted advertisements based on that information, which may include the remarketing of our products and services that you have viewed on our websites and on third-party websites.
There are no third-party cookies being used at this time.
Changing Your Cookie Settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer)
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Opting Out of Cookies
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: About Cookies
If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
Do Not Track
More Information About Cookies
All About Cookies. Useful information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Bureau
A guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu